Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Merchants Mill Pond Day Trip

As I sit here with my Owl cup full of tea, this morning  I can't help but want to head back to Merchants Mill Pond .  You see this has been a dream of mine to go and take photos of Cypress in a swamp...so with my new love leading the way, we visited Merchant Mill Pond located here on the Inner Banks of North Carolina.  I am fortunate that I now live near this beautiful place of Mother Nature's  Artwork.

Located in Gatesville it is home to Bald Cypress, Beech Groves ...wildlife and has canoes for rental, and many trails.  Look closely and you will see how all of the vegetation there works together, to create small intimate communities on the downed trees and the trunks all around. 

I am hoping my photos will inspire you to fulfill your dreams to see amazing scenery , and get in touch with Nature in a very special way.  I highly recommend to share it with someone you love.

Have a great day and embrace Nature today ...

Merchants Millpond State Park

176 Millpond Road
GatesvilleNC 27938
Phone252-357-1191
merchants.millpond@ncparks.gov
Latitude: 36.437105
Longitude: -76.701580
 
 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment